Here, we provided to Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020. The Union Public Service Commission (ISO: Saṅgh Lōk Sēvā Āyōg), commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion, and disciplinary matters. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
The commission is headquartered at Dholpur House, in New Delhi and functions through its own secretariat. Pradeep Kumar Joshi has been the Chairman of UPSC since August 2020. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, it was later reconstituted as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act 1935; only to be renamed as today’s Union Public Service Commission after the independence. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
What is IAS Exam?
Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was formerly known as the Imperial Civil Service (ICS) is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
UPSC CSE Selection Procedure
The selection process of UPSC civil services examination 2020 consists of three successive stages which are as follows:
- Stage 1: UPSC Preliminary Examination
- Stage 2: UPSC Mains Examination
- Stage 3: UPSC Interview
BOOK NAME – IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR UPSC IAS PRELIMS EXAM 2020
SIZE – 43.79MB
PAGES – 186
UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2020
UPSC Syllabus for Prelims Examination includes the syllabus of General Studies Paper-1 and CSAT Paper-2. UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2020 is given below.
Syllabus for UPSC GS Paper (Prelims Paper I)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change
- General Science.
Syllabus for UPSC CSAT Paper (Prelims Paper-II)
- Comprehension; Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level)
IAS Exam Preparation
Read on for IAS exam preparation strategy:
- Analyzing the trend, more current affairs based questions are being asked in both, Prelims and Mains stage of the IAS exam. Select only credible sources like PIB, The Hindu, Yojana, etc. and align the current events as per the IAS exam syllabus. For the IAS exam, current affairs usually comprise events of national and international importance in the last 10-12 months.
- Go through the previous years’ IAS exam questions to gauge the amount of preparation needed from your end. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
- Read the NCERT books and make notes. You will have to make at least two sets of notes i.e. short notes for Prelims and descriptive notes for UPSC Mains. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
- The preparation for Prelims and Mains must be done simultaneously until 1-2 months before the date of the Prelims exam. Identify the syllabus overlap between Prelims and Mains and focus on those areas first.
- Select an optional subject for the IAS exam based on your aptitude, interest, and experience. Few optional subjects have a significant overlap with the General Studies syllabus in Mains, however, their syllabi are rather vast so do your due diligence before finalizing one.
- Go through the standard books for each subject. Find the IAS exam book list, Current Affairs notes, NCERT notes, and other information in the links below.
- Do not take lightly the CSAT paper in Prelims and Ethics paper in Mains. Similarly, the two qualifying language papers in Mains are also important as failing to score at least 25% in them will automatically eliminate you from the IAS exam process notwithstanding your stellar performance in all the other papers.
- Take out time for MCQ solving practice for Prelims and answer writing practice for Mains. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
- Revise multiple times, update your notes, and revise some more. Free download PDF Important Topics For UPSC IAS Prelims And Mains Exam 2020.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media.
DISCLAIMER: Gk4Edu.com does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles, then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy; this duplicate grows to supply for university youngsters who’re financially harmful but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.