Here, we provided to CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability. The full form of CSAT is the Civil Services Aptitude Test. It was introduced in the year 2011 as a part of the UPSC Civil Services Exam (Preliminary) to test the analytical skills, reasoning ability, and aptitude of IAS aspirants. Logical Reasoning is a part of almost all major Government exams conducted in the country and is one of the most scoring sections as well. Candidates who are preparing for the upcoming competitive exams can find all topics, tips, and some sample questions related to Logical reasoning in this article. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
The reason is the capacity of consciously making sense of things, applying logic, and adapting or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information. It is closely associated with such characteristically human activities as philosophy, science, language, mathematics, and art, and is normally considered to be a distinguishing ability possessed by humans. The reason is sometimes referred to as rationality. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
The reasoning is associated with acts of thinking and cognition and involves using one’s intellect. The field of logic studies the ways in which humans can use formal reasoning to produce logically valid arguments. The reasoning may be subdivided into forms of logical reasoning, such as deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, and abductive reasoning. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
Aristotle drew a distinction between logical discursive reasoning (reason proper), and intuitive reasoning, in which the reasoning process through intuition—however valid—may tend toward the personal and the subjectively opaque. In some social and political settings logical and intuitive modes of reasoning may clash, while in other contexts intuition and formal reason are seen as complementary rather than adversarial. For example, in mathematics, intuition is often necessary for the creative processes involved with arriving at a formal proof, arguably the most difficult of formal reasoning tasks. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
BOOK NAME – CSAT LOGICAL REASONING AND ANALYTICAL ABILITY
AUTHOR – UPKAR PRAKASHAN
SIZE – 4.11MB
PAGES – 99
CSAT Exam Pattern:
CSAT or Civil Services Aptitude Test was introduced in 2011 to test candidates’ analytical skills. It is the second paper in the UPSC Prelims. Officially, it is known as General Studies Paper-II. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
The CSAT exam pattern for UPSC 2021:
- Number of questions: 80 Objective-Type (MCQ) questions
- Negative Marking: Yes (1/3rd of the maximum marks for the question)
- Time: 2 hours
- Type of Exam: Offline exam
- Language of CSAT exam paper: English/Hindi
- Maximum Marks: 200
- CSAT qualifying marks: 66 marks (33% qualifying criteria)
What is Logical Reasoning?
Logical reasoning consists of aptitude questions that require a logical level of analysis to arrive at the correct solution. Most of the questions are constructed based on concepts and the rest are out of the box thinking ones. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
Logical reasoning is classified into two types:
- Verbal Reasoning: It is the ability to logically understand the concepts and solve problems expressed in words. Verbal reasoning tests the ability to the extraction of information and implications in a sentence.
- Non-verbal Reasoning: It is the ability to logically understand the concepts and solve problems expressed in numbers/letters/figures in combination with words. Non-verbal reasoning tests the ability of deduction and induction of logic of information and implications in a problem.
The logical reasoning section is one such, which is included in almost all major Government exams. A large part of the reasoning syllabus can be divided into the two above-mentioned types. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
CSAT strategy for IAS Prelims 2021:
- Candidates should not ignore the CSAT paper thinking it is only a qualifying paper.
- If candidates feel that their general English comprehension and basic math skills are not up to the mark, they should spend a decent amount of time on the CSAT paper.
- This holds true especially for aspirants from the humanities and arts background who have not been in touch with such subjects ever since their school days.
- For those candidates who are at ease with the type of questions asked in the CSAT paper, practicing the adequate number of UPSC previous years’ question papers for CSAT will do.
- But if candidates do not practice the CSAT question papers, it would be very difficult to complete the 80 questions in the prescribed time limit of two hours. Free download PDF CSAT Logical Reasoning And Analytical Ability.
- Remember, candidates should score at least 66 marks. If they do not qualify, even very high marks in the GS paper I will not help them clear the IAS prelims stage.
- For candidates to increase their speed in solving math questions in the CSAT paper, they can take help from certain well-used maths tricks. Refer to this article Maths Tricks to Break the CSAT Bricks for the same.
- Questions from data interpretation, logical reasoning, etc. are generally easy but if the candidate is unfamiliar with them, answering them can be a tricky affair. This is where practice becomes essential.
- Also, some of the CSAT questions are lengthy and rather time-consuming. It becomes doubly important for candidates to practice mock test papers or enroll for a reliable CSAT test series.
Friends, if you need an eBook related to any topic. Or if you want any information about any exam, please comment on it. Share this post with your friends on social media.
DISCLAIMER: Gk4Edu.com does no longer owns this book neither created nor scanned. We simply offer the hyperlink already to be had on the internet. If any manner it violates the law or has any troubles, then kindly mail us or Contact Us for this(hyperlink removal).
We don’t aid piracy; this duplicate grows to supply for university youngsters who’re financially harmful but deserve greater to examine. Thank you.